cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject [C2+] Status of ESQL, JDBC connection pooling, SQL, etc.
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:25:53 GMT
Just wondered if someone could give a heads-up on the status and
preferences with regard to SQL / JDBC access technologies in Cocoon 2?

It appears that the ESQL Taglib is the way to go, but the SQL transformer
is still promoted on the Cocoon welcome page.

It appears that SQL transformer doesn't run in C2.1dev.  The welcome page
examples fail on tonights build.

Documentation on ESQL is very thin, but there is some more extensive but
older(?) documentation here:

<http://cocodrilo.exa.unicen.edu.ar:7777/dbprism/doc/cxdocs/sqltaglib.html>

There also seems to be a problem with connection pooling in C2.1dev, I can
connect to a database with ESQL using the direct
driver,dburl,user,password tags, but not with use-connection or pool.  It'
s possible I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't spot it.

Stuart.