cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <jafos...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: [C2] actions, forms, etc.
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:50:37 GMT
One suggestion might be to switch from using Request attributes to using
Session attributes.  The reason is, as you said, that request attributes
can't survive a redirect.

When I tried something like this my XSP page checked whether the attribute
existed, grabbed it, and cleared it.

I keep seeing messages that imply that I can "redirect" inside of the
sitemap, in which case there is little reason to switch.  Of course I have
no idea how to pull off this "internal redirection."

Can you make similar changes to the other, related validators?  I figure you
could mess with the base class fairly easily.  I have used the Session and
Form validators to great success.  Thanks very much for making them
available!

Jason Foster