cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: moving apache cocoon web site into cocoon2
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:18:01 GMT
Quoting Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com>:

> there's been some renewed interest from the xml pmc in using cocoon2 to
> generate part or all of xml.apache.org. do y'all think c2 is stable and
> capable of performing that job? does anyone have any particular interest
> in spearheading this? i don't think it should be too hard to transform
> the
> stylebook map files into c2 sitemap files, at least as a starting
> point...

I've pondered a little about it. The tricky part is the navigation bar. I've
tried to make a general pipeline snipped to achieve that but havn't had much
luck so far because of the fact that some links are active (the current page)
and other are not which a XSP has to recognize. I've tried to implement it as a
logicsheet which indeed would be a great convenience for all C2 users serving
sites of types like the xml.apache.org.

Giacomo