cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Homeijer <M.Homei...@devote.nl>
Subject RE: SOAP client and server
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2001 10:23:25 GMT
Hi,

The implementation I sent to the list was meant to get some comment on how
soap should be implemented in C2.

I think my prototype gives a basic understanding about what should be done
to implement a soap client and a soap server in C2. I think you'r right that
some design decisions have to be made.

One of them is what components have to be implemented, you talk about a SAX
state machine, Giacomo talks about Avalon components (or could these be the
same?). My understanding of C2 or Avalon doesn't go that far that I can make
such a decision.

The other is weather to use the C1 soap syntax from Uli. My reason not to
was that the syntax should be used for both the client and the server and
imho Uli's syntax was aimed at the client. Another reason is that at the
basis of SOAP, there are response and request envelopes that you sent to a
client or server, you can just copy those envelopes from xmethods.com and
implement, replace or call a soap service.

Michael Homeijer