cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Beauprez Sven <Sven.Beaup...@the-ecorp.com>
Subject RE: [RT C2]: Logging information
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:22:44 GMT

Carsten,

It would be nice if we were able to configure this ourselves. Let's say that
there are a few predefined fields we can choose from and that we can define
the structure of the cocoon.log file by choosing a combination of these
fields.

Sven

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@sundn.de]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 10:07 AM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: [RT C2]: Logging information

Hi C2ers,

what do you think about enhancing the information logged to the
cocoon.log?
For debugging etc. it would help to have a better formatted
time information, the current url request perhaps the current
ip address of the client etc.
So I would suggest to pass the current environment/objectModel
to the logging methods and they can extract everything they
need from it and log it.

Any suggestions? Comments? etc?

Carsten