cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Degradation in Batik's text rendering
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 14:18:24 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry not participating much in the beta release process, but I'm _very_
> busy these days on a SVG app, and I noticed that Batik's text rendering
> with the latest CVS has degraded from previous versions, at least from
> C2-alpha5 : characters are anti-aliased too much and nearly unreadable
> in small sizes. Just have a look at the SVG welcome page to see that.

I think this had to do with the usage of Batik vs. Csiro packages.  Batik
has a transparent background, which some browsers do not handle well
(like Netscape 4.x).  One way around the transparent background issue is
to explicitly put a filled rectangle with the proper background color behind
the rest of your image.

I don't know how to get Batik to control the antialiasing of fonts.  That
might be a question for the Batik team to answer.