cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject [C2] Degradation in Batik's text rendering
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 14:04:15 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry not participating much in the beta release process, but I'm _very_
busy these days on a SVG app, and I noticed that Batik's text rendering
with the latest CVS has degraded from previous versions, at least from
C2-alpha5 : characters are anti-aliased too much and nearly unreadable
in small sizes. Just have a look at the SVG welcome page to see that.

Do other people experience the same thing ? Is it related to Batik or
changes in SVGSerializer ?

About the beta : the only problem remaining I've seen along with the
above one is PDF not displaying at the first request in IE while NS is
ok. But I remember a discussion about IE having problems displaying PDFs
if Content-Length is not set.

These small bugs are acceptable for a beta (remember those "PDF doesn't
display in IE" threads on cocoon-users), so go for it !

Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: