cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <sergio.carva...@acm.org>
Subject Re: AW: [C2] Build targets
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:59:11 GMT
On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:42:57 +0200
"Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@sundn.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just added a very simple command line tool (called st for sitemap tool)
> which is actually a java class. This tool can be called from the build.xml
> during build and can add sitemap entries to the build sitemap.xmap.
> I changed the build.xml so that an entry for the PhpGenerator is added
> to the sitemap if the php generator is compiled.
>
> We could do this for all other "optional" components as well, for example
> even for the fop classes. So we would need to add more complexity to the
> build script.
>
> One could also imagine to add a new constraint saying: "examples or not"
> and we could enhance the st tool to generate (include) example pipelines
> during the build rather then hardcoding in the build.xml.
>
> Carsten

This would be very very cool. It would allow one to have a separate dir with the Cocoon apps
to deploy in cocoon, and have the build system add them at build time. Alas, I don't master
ant, or I would have done it myself (I have a small shell script that strips the cvs webapp
and replaces it with mine).

Having the ability to strip fop out when not needed would solve the common "can't connect
to X server" errors caused by batik.

Sergio