cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [C2] actions, forms, etc.
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:24:45 GMT
Davanum,

On 19.Jun.2001 -- 05:19 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> 1. Checked in your docs. Please take a look.

fine.

> 2. XSP should be working now.

indeed, no problem here anymore.

> 3. Did you try using "context:///" (note the extra '/') instead of context://. If this
does not
> work, please let me know.

Yes, I had a problem using it from a sub sitemap. I have been
reluctant to report that problem and well, it has been fixed anyway :-)

Attached you find a sample for the form validation taglib. New files
are in the archive, changes in the patch.

In addition the patch fixes some minor glitches I caused last time and
adds a tag to xsp-formval to retrieve all validation results in a
java.util.Map.

More noteworthy is, that it also patches
AbstractComplementaryConfigurableAction in a way that configuration
files are reread when they change. This is done exactly like it was
done in XSPFormValidatorHelper by using the Source and
ConfigurationHelper Classes. I have suggested this a while back and no
one commented it, so I reckon it's OK to do so :-)

This entails a API change, since
AbstractCom....Action.getConfiguration now takes an additional
argument, whether reloads should occur or not. This is controlled by a
new parameter "<map:parameter name="reloadable" value="true"/>" for
each invocation of an action in the sitemap. Consequently, all Actions
that call getConfiguration are patched as well.

To keep compatible an additional method is there with the old
signature that calls the modified method with reloadable=true.

You might want to either remove that method or not modify the other
actions. Of course you could also apply the patch as is :-)

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de