cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: [C2]: To Beta or not to Beta?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:58:23 GMT
<...>
>I was unable to run "simple internationalization". It gives me a exception,
>"Failed to execute pipeline.:org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed
>to execute pipeline.:java.lang.NullPointerException". I had similar errors
>with the sql examples, but I know the database stuff wasn't properly
>configured. So this may mean that the "simple internationalization" example
>sn't configured correctly (in sitemap?) either. The xsp analogue worked
>ne.

I think, that the problem with i18n sample is the bug in
org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl.java which I reported several weeks ago.
Try to place xerces.jar before xalan.jar in your classpath (rename it to
a_xerces.jar) and see what will happen. The XSP i18n sample will also work
much better in that case.

>Karl Hallowell karl_hallowell@hp.com

Maybe, It'd be better to remove the duplicate package from Xalan at all? I
know that it's not the best way, but since they still have different
versions of the same package there will be problems with
AttributesImpl.removeAttribute() function?

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian.