cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [c2] simple question on map:redirect-to semantics
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 17:54:58 GMT
On Fri, 18 May 2001, giacomo wrote:

> > assume my c2 webapp is mounted under '/webapp'. when i redirect to a
> > relative uri:
> >
> > <map:match pattern="foo/bar">
> >   <map:redirect-to uri="bat"/>
> > </map:match>
> >
> > i end up at '/webapp/foo/bat', as one might expect. when i redirect to a
> > site-absolute uri:
> >
> > <map:match pattern="foo/bar">
> >   <map:redirect-to uri="/bat"/>
> > </map:match>
> >
> > i end up at '/bat'. maybe that's desirable behavior, maybe it's not, but
> > that's beside the point. my goal is to redirect the url to
> > '/webapp/bat' without having to put the '/webapp' string inside the uri. i
> > would think that you could do it like so:
> >
> > <map:match pattern="foo/bar">
> >   <map:redirect-to uri="context://bat"/>
> > </map:match>
> >
> > but that gives me an IllegalArgumentException. any suggestions?
>
> Have you tried using
>
>  <map:match pattern="foo/bar">
>    <map:redirect-to uri="../bat"/>
>  </map:match>

sure, and that works, but i think it's ugly and hard to maintain if you
deal with deeply structured patterns. e.g. if i move foo/bar to
resources/foo/bar, i also have to change the redirect uri. can't we just
add support for context: urls? i'd also like a context: urlresolver
transformer so i can have things like this:

<form action="context://add/product"/>

instead of

<form action="/webapp/add/product"/>

in my xhtml pages. but i reckon i need to wait for the entityresolver
refactorization to take place for both of these...

- donald