cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject [c2] simple question on map:redirect-to semantics
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 18:33:07 GMT
assume my c2 webapp is mounted under '/webapp'. when i redirect to a
relative uri:

<map:match pattern="foo/bar">
  <map:redirect-to uri="bat"/>
</map:match>

i end up at '/webapp/foo/bat', as one might expect. when i redirect to a
site-absolute uri:

<map:match pattern="foo/bar">
  <map:redirect-to uri="/bat"/>
</map:match>

i end up at '/bat'. maybe that's desirable behavior, maybe it's not, but
that's beside the point. my goal is to redirect the url to
'/webapp/bat' without having to put the '/webapp' string inside the uri. i
would think that you could do it like so:

<map:match pattern="foo/bar">
  <map:redirect-to uri="context://bat"/>
</map:match>

but that gives me an IllegalArgumentException. any suggestions?

- donald