cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2.1] XSP preprocessor
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 21:14:03 GMT

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Fri, 18 May 2001, giacomo wrote:
>
> > Yesteday night I was thinking about the clean page model from C1. In C2
> > we don't have a way to enforce the clean page model because a xsp page
> > cannot be processed by anithing to make it possible.
> >
> > As a feature for 2.1 release of C2 I'd like to introduce preprocessing
> > stylesheets to the Markup-to-Code engine. With this feature it should be
> > possible to restrict/sandbox xsp pages to only a few (e.  <xsp:page>)
> > xsp elements in their xsp pages letting a preprocessing stylesheet
> > stripping out every disallowed elements from the initial xsp page. Of
> > course there can be other reasons to have such a feature.
> >
> > Another improvement for the Markup-to-Code engine will be the ability to
> > specify preprocessing stylesheets for the logicsheets itself. This will
> > make it possible to (finally) introduce the Simple Logicsheet Language
> > to ease the writing of logicsheets proposed by Ricardo Rocha last year.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> i never saw anything that one could do using the clean page model that one
> could not do simply using xsp logicsheets. what's the benefit?

Now in any C2 xsp page you can use <xsp:logic>System.exit()</xsp:logic>
or what ever java code you'd like to include. But with a preprocessing
stylesheet to your xml input you can prevent that. The benefit is that
your xsp writer MUST use the logicsheet you supply them to include any
logic in any xsp page.

Giacomo