cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject TraxTransformer and LogicsheetCodeGenerator vs. sitemap parameter
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 18:43:20 GMT
Ok, I just looked into the source code and found the
reason why sitemap parameters can not be passed to logicsheets
like this:

  <map:generate type="serverpages" src="..">
    <parameter name="to_logic_sheet" value="{1}"/>
  </map:generate>

I found out that the LogicsheetCodeGenerator gets a direct TransformerHandle
and does not use the TraxTransformer. Is there a specific reason why the
TraxTransformer isn't used instead? The TraxTransformer has all the needed
methods to pass parameters from the sitemap to the logicsheet.
All what needs to be done is to pass the parameters from the
ServerPagesGenerator to the LogicsheetCodeGenerator and then to the
TraxTransformer that creates the ServerPage.

Does this make sense? I still cannot see the big picture of the cocoon
architecture but in terms of straighten out everything this sounds
reasonable to me...

Comments?
--
Torsten