cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: [C2] Parameters passing into generators
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 13:49:51 GMT
> I am trying to pass some parameters from my request URI into a file
> generator source element. Can this be done?
>
> request URI:
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/graph/rdfgraph?match=blahblahblah
>
>  	<map:match pattern="graph/hs-rdfgraphTest.svg">
>            <map:generate
> src="http://p.blah.com/objstore?function=5&item={match}"/>
>            <map:transform src="graph/rdf2graph.xsl"/>
> 		 <map:serialize/>
>        </map:match>
>
> I want to pass the match parameter from the request into the src of the
> generator. (This is a simplified example).

Could you please report if this works?

I was trying something similiar... I was trying to pass some match
parameters to XSP. This works:

   <map:generate src="http://p.blah.com/objstore">
      <parameter name="something" value="{1}"/>
   </map:generate>

and in XSP:

  .. = parameters.getParameter("something",null);

But it looks like you want it for an external source, hm? ;)
--
Torsten