cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] <parameter> or <map:parameter> ?
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 21:05:27 GMT

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:

> > > I don't remember why this syntax is so but it was that way since the
> > > idea of the sitemap was realized.
> >
> > +1 to change it before beta. now's the time to clean up inconsistencies
> > like that.
>
> I think part of the reason was that the Parameters object can be created from
> a Configuration object containing <parameter> elements.  The Configuration
> reader ignores namespaces, and uses the QName for the configuration names.
> Hense, <map:parameter> as a configuration element would have a name of
> "map:parameter" as opposed to "parameter".
>
> Since we directly manipulate the Parameters object now, the <map:parameter>
> approach will work.  I just like using the shorter "parameter" name.

Yes, I like it, too. I've changed all <parameter ...> in the sitemap to
<map:parameter ...> and they got lost in all those <map:...>.  After
changing it back again to <parameter ..> I was able to clearly see them
again. And since they are meant to be for the component (as like the
configuration) and not for the sitemap itself (to be honest, the sitemap
doesn't do anything with them except passing the to the component) I'm
at least +0 letting it how it is.

Giacomo