cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: some aggregation questions
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 11:54:16 GMT
> > There is the XIncludeSAXconnector and the sitemap aggregation
> >
> > 1. Which one is usually faster? Talking about a local aggregation
> >    I assume the SAXconnector?
>
> I have no idea of which one will be faster.

But you doubt there is a major difference?

> > 2. I remember having some trouble putting the map:generate etc inside
> >    the map:part elmenent ommitting the src attribute. But this should
> >    work, shouldn't it?! (Maybe I had trouble because of the sub sitemap)
>
> There aren't any element inside a map:parm element:
>
>    <map:aggregate ...>
>      <map:part .../>
>      <map:part .../>
>    </map:aggregate>

Yes... but I'd like to put elements there...

    <map:aggregate ...>
      <map:part ... >
         <map:generate .../>
         <map:transform .../>
      </map:part>
      <map:part ... >
         <map:generate .../>
         <map:transform .../>
      </map:part>
      <map:transform .../>
      <map:serialize/>
    </map:aggregate>

> > 3. Looking at the aggregation example I recognized the parts are
> >    serialized to html before they are aggregated. Why? This does not
> >    make much sense to me.
>
> Why do you think they get serializer to html? Because there is a serializer in
> the pipeline? Well, the map:serialize element is used as an indication to the
> sitemap when a pipeline has reached it's final component.

Hm.. I thought a serialiaze without type attribute is the default
serializer - which is in fact the html serializer.
Having this only as a EOP (End-Of-Pipeline) marking is very misleading
IMHO
--
Torsten