cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XincludeSAXconnector
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 18:09:41 GMT

On Sat, 5 May 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Sat, 5 May 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
> > Can anyone mail/post an exmaple for the XIncludeSAXconnector?
> > I don't really understand how this thing works.

I'm working on a sample which shows how to use it but IIRC the element
is like:

  <anyroot xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
    <xinclude:include src="foobar"/>
  </anyroot>

where the foobar from the src attribute denotes a url from the sitemap.
For the other attributes please look at
src/org/apache/cocoon/components/saxconnector/XIncludeSAXConnector.java.

> and would the authors of this component care to address my concerns about
> its namespace - that is to say, should we change the namespace on which it
> operates or patch it to conform to the xinclude spec?

Ok, let's change the namespace uri. Do you have a suggestion?

> (i still don't think
> we need to be able to do xincludes via this hidden mechanism when we can
> do it explicitly using the transformer, but it's not a strong opinion).

This is not correct. The XIncludeTransformer is not capable of using
sitemap URLs (and I honestly don't see it to be available to "normal"
sitemap component). Whereas XIncludeSAXConnector is *only* able to get
its included events directly from a sub pipeline from sitemap URLs and
this is a big advantage over XIncludeTransformer (not to mention the
view point of the cache).

Giacomo