cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <>
Subject Re: [C2][patch] Namespace bugs : the end ?
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 11:19:18 GMT

Scott, can you give us your oppinion on this issue?

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi all,
> After deep investigation, I think I've corrected those damn namespace
> bugs that where boring us and, more importantly, understood their cause.
> When correcting namespaces generation in xsp.xsl, I was wondering why we
> had to explicitly add the xmlns* attributes while start/endPrefixMapping
> should suffice. If these xmlns* attributes where not present, namespaces
> declarations wheren't reported in the document output by Cocoon, while
> this did not affect intermediate XSL transformations.
> So I digged in Serializer, then TRAX, then Xalan, up to
> org.apache.xalan.serialize.SerializerToXML : this class simply ignores
> start/endPrefixMapping. But according to ContentHandler's javadoc,
> xmlns* attributes are present only if the "namespaces-prefixes" feature
> is set, and this feature is optional and not set by default.
> I'm afraid this is a bug in Xalan. Should we forward this to xalan-dev ?

I've forwarded this mail to Scott Boag.

> As a workaround, I patched AbstractTextSerializer to ensure all
> startPrefixMapping() have a corresponding xmlns* attribute, and this
> makes Xalan happy... I also removed the creation of xmlns* attributes in
> ContentAggregator an XIncludeSAXConnector, and all those extraneous
> namespace declarations that cluttered aggregated pages have
> automagically disappeared.
> So, from now on, use only sart/endPrefixMapping for namespaces
> declaration, and don't care about xmlns* attributes.

Thanks, Sylvain. Cool work.

> I'm at home today, and don't have SSH on my win$ PC, so I attached the
> patches. Can someone apply them ?

I've used the TeraTerm SSH package (month ago) on the win$ platform.
IIRC it is able to establish SSH tunnels as well.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message