cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/serialization AbstractSerializer.java LinkSerializer.java SVGSerializer.java Serializer.java
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 05:07:35 GMT

On 4 May 2001 dims@apache.org wrote:

> dims        01/05/03 17:31:30
>
>   Modified:    src/org/apache/cocoon/components/pipeline Tag: xml-cocoon2
>                         AbstractStreamPipeline.java
>                         CachingStreamPipeline.java
>                src/org/apache/cocoon/serialization Tag: xml-cocoon2
>                         AbstractSerializer.java LinkSerializer.java
>                         SVGSerializer.java Serializer.java
>   Log:
>   Undid my change to Serializer due to giacomo and carsten's -1.
>
>   BTW, If anyone needs their Serializer to have access to objectModel, they
>   can subclass CachingStreamPipeline, overload process method to do exactly
>   what i just deleted from CVS.

Yes, but the important word is "they". So *we* don't have to support
that hack. We can propose the clean, simple and propper way how to do
it. Don't get me wrong, Dims, it is not because we cannot do it, it is
because we think it should not be done that way. But as always this is a
community project and thus decisions are made because of -1 or +1
based on argumented discussion :)

Giacomo