cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2] problems with xincludesaxconnector
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 09:05:37 GMT

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> my issues:
>
> 1. why should this be a saxconnector instead of a filter?

What's a filter? If you mean a Transformer then it's because a
transformer doesn't gets to a sitemap instance to request internal
resources (and I have to say I like the way it is now because I don't
think it make sense to sitemap components to have a instance of a
sitemap at hand). With the SAXConnectors C2 has transparent XInclude
capability which I think is totally cool.

> 2. the schema upon which it operates doesn't conform to the official
> xinclude spec, but it operates on the official xinclude namespace. one or
> the other needs to change. specifically, at the least, the src attribute
> should be an href attribute and the ns and prefix attributes don't exist.

The ns attribute is a suggestion from Stefano and the prefix comes from
the recent sitemap aggregate discussion. I think both (ns and prefix)
are totally necessary because you cannot prevent name collisions without
it. Stefano also suggest to promote that to the w3c (but I think nobody
took it there)

Giacomo