cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <jafos...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Sitemap Substitution
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 22:05:06 GMT
This message will probably reveal my ignorance more than anything, but
here goes...

Right now a common idiom in the sitemap is to substitute values from
previous activities.  A simple example is:

   <map:match pattern="images/**.gif">
    <map:read src="resources/images/{1}.gif" mime-type="image/gif"/>
   </map:match>

We also have the ability to nest things using the {../../1} notation.

Now that matchers and actions can both add things to the
[environment/actionMap/controller thingy] I can see all sorts of namespace
problems developing.

Would it make sense to add the notion of an axis (sort of like XPath) to
the substitution?  For example:

  {action::result}
  {request::password}
  {session::userid}
  {match::1}

As usual this idea comes from my attempts to use Actions to control the
flow through my webapp.  I have been trying to understand exactly how to
implement control flow logic and have become more and more confused.

Comments?

Jason Foster