cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <jafos...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: [c2] still having caching problems
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 20:31:15 GMT
> if i edit wziml-html.xsl, the first change is noticed and applied, but any
> changes after that are not. the string 'wziml-html.xsl' does not appear in
> cocoon.log anywhere, so there's nothing useful there to report.
>
> personally, i consider this to be a show-stopper bug. no designer is going
> to want to work on a system that requires the sysadmin to continually
> restart tomcat to see changes.

I get similar behaviour using a pipeline as small as the basic "hello"
examples, and concur that this is a show-stopper.

The only solution I have come up with is to mess with the cache settings
in cocoon.xconf.  If I set the objectlifetime, interval, and maxobjects to
"1", and usethread to "true", then I can test without a restart of tomcat
(subject to a 1-2 second delay of course).

Jason Foster