cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [c2] more caching bugs and oddities
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 10:15:33 GMT
> Donald Ball wrote:
>
> again, if my pipeline has more than one trax transformer in it, changes to
> any stylesheet after the first one are not reflected in the output. this
> happens if i use either the Caching or the NonCaching pipeline components.
>

> _now_ it's not just neglecting to notice changes in the last stylesheet in
> my chain, it's not seeing changes in _any_ of the stylesheets in my chain.
> i'm using the NonCaching pipeline components. agh! this type of bug bit us
> _hard_ in c1 for a long while, and it's not something designers are going
> to tolerate.

I just tested the behaviour with a simple example consisting of an
xml file and two xsl files. And what should I say? It worked with
the NonCaching pipeline components and with the caching pipeline
components as well.

So to find the problem, could you explain what you exactly did,
perhaps send a non working example,...?

This strange behaviour did occur at our company from time to time
on different computers.
It seemed that the lastModificationDate of the xsl file was not
changed by the editor/plattform even if the file changed or this
change was not reflected by the java vm.
As the TraxTransformer checks only for the modification date,
this might be the source of the error.

Any suggestions or comments?

Carsten