cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject AW: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/reading
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 13:37:07 GMT
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> > > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > Absolutely, the correct solution is to return <code>null</code>,
> > indicating that this is currently not cacheable.
> The major issue is that returning null causes NullPointerExceptions
> when used in conjunction with CompositeCacheValidators.
Hm, this is not really true. It depends on the code using the validators.
Before you can use the CompositeCacheValidator you have to check
that all used validator objects are not null and only if they are all
not null you create the CompositeCacheValidator.

> Fix the code to make that even an option.
As far as I tested, I fixed the code in the manner explained above.
If there are still problems, just let me know

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message