cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Restricting objectModel
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 13:44:08 GMT
Vadim,

And about request attributes - that may be done for automatic failover /
load
balancing - I'm not so sure why is this done this way...
<<
Carsten was only talking about the request attributes - not the session. The
serialization of request attributes seems to be a "feature" of Bea WLS 6.0
as we have not seen it on any other application server we have installed
onto.

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vgritsenko@hns.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Mai 2001 15:28
An: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Restricting objectModel

Carsten,

</skip>

> > > I forget some important point:
> > > I know that the "correct" way of passing information should not be
> > > the objectModel. You will tell me in your next email that I could use
> > > the session or the request object for this, right?
> >
> > Absolutely :)
> >
> > > The problem with this is that some servlet engines (like BEA WLS 6.0)
> > > requires that even the attributes of the request are serializable.
> >
> > Shit, is this a standard?
>
> Not sure about the standard, but BEA WLS 6.0 is known for exactly this
> (there are discussions about this over on in the bea newsgroups.)
> Our tests did prove this.

You do not need to perform any tests to confirm this: If you think about
running
your application in clustered environment and remember that serialization is
the
only way of replicating your session into backup server - than it would be
obvious
to you why it's done this way :)

And about request attributes - that may be done for automatic failover /
load
balancing - I'm not so sure why is this done this way...

So, may be, you want your objects to be serializable to run well in cluster.

Regards,
Vadim