cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: AW: Cocoon 2 in BEA WLS 6.0
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 10:38:18 GMT
Jiri,

many thanks - we will try it out with the patch. Do I understand you right
in that you DO have C2 running under WLS 6 (with this patch etc.)?

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jiri Luzny [mailto:jiri_luzny@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2001 12:11
An: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Cocoon 2 in BEA WLS 6.0

the following is a transcript of a reply on weblogic.developer.interest.xml
newsgroup:

Subject: Re: Problem with XML Registry and JAXP 1.1
From: "Gary Keim" <gkeim@bea.com>

You just can't use JAXP1.1 because WLS uses JAXP1.0 and the DOM Level2
interfaces are incompatible between those two releases.  I've talked with
some people here about making this sort of thing possible but if it comes
along it would be in a future release.  The basic problem statement is: How
can WLS use 3rdparty libraries when our customers may want to use different
and incompatible versions of those libraries?  Some classloader magic may
make it possible but for now, you're out of luck.

Sorry.
--
Gary

Unfortunately it is supports my statement to bypass Jaxp is only work
around.. :-(
I'm attaching the modified source file.

--- Mircea Toma <mirceatoma@home.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Weblogic 6.0 has something called XML Registry. This is a paragraph from
the
> documentation:
> "You can use the XML Registry to specify the following:
>

>   a.. Specify an alternative default XML parser to use instead of the
> built-in parser included in this version of WebLogic Server.
>
>   b.. Specify an XML parser to be used to process a particular document
type
> (including custom-generated parsers).
>
>   c.. Specify external entities that are to be resolved using local
copies.
> Once these entities are specified, the Administration Server stores local
> copies of them in the file system and automatically distributes them to
the
> server's parser at parse time. This feature eliminates the need to
construct
> and set SAX EntityResolvers"
> Maybe this will help!

Weblogic