cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject [Ideas?] Integrating Cocoon2 and WebDAV
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 15:31:54 GMT
We are currently examining WebDAV as a way of providing access to the XML
and XSL files available through our Cocoon2 based platform "sunShine". We
have already implmented a simple CMS into sunShine - but this uses Cocoon2
components and architecture to manage the content.

As an increasing number of clients are including WebDAV support we would
like to provide this as an additional means of accessing the xml content and
the xsl stylesheets in the CMS.

I have taken a look at the jakarta-slide project which is a combination of
WebDav and CMS. However I do not really like the idea of having to install
another servlet parallel to Cocoon. Also we do not (really) want to
implement another CMS. So at the moment I am imagining a solution where we
have a combination of Cocoon 2 components (Actions whatever) that can
interpret the incoming HTTP WebDav data and are able to call Cocoon2
pipelines depending on the functions required.

Comments?

Matthew Langham