cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [C2] Allowing actions to select transformer type
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 08:44:55 GMT
All,

if Sylvain is correct, and there are caching issues associated with this,
the change could potentially break Cocoon. (I believe he's right - if the
pipelines change depending on their content, caching may be difficult. But I
haven't really thought this through.)

After reading the posts by Giacomo and Sylvain, I'm -1 on substitution in
type attributes as well.

However, if I modify my suggestion to the 3rd possible patch I described in
my original email:

> > 2) Create a new selector that tests on sitemap parameters.

As I will only have to choose between 2 or max 3 different transformers (all
of which are known in advance), this will solve my problem. Would this merge
better with Cocoon?

I figure it'd be something like:

<map:selector name="parameter" parametertoexamine="myparameter"
factory="org.apache.cocoon.selection.ParameterSelectorFactory"/>

<map:select type="parameter">
 <map:when test="myvalue">
 </map:when>
 <map:when test="myothervalue">