cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Restricting objectModel
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 13:40:21 GMT
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> Carsten,
>
> </skip>

> could use
> > >
> > > Absolutely :)

> BEA WLS 6.0)
> > >
> > > Shit, is this a standard?
> >
> > Not sure about the standard, but BEA WLS 6.0 is known for exactly this
> > (there are discussions about this over on in the bea newsgroups.)
> > Our tests did prove this.
>
> You do not need to perform any tests to confirm this: If you
> think about running
> your application in clustered environment and remember that
> serialization is the
> only way of replicating your session into backup server - than it
> would be obvious
> to you why it's done this way :)

This is really no new information. I didn't speak about the session.
The object in question is the request. And personally I see not really
a sense in making a request serializable even not for failover.
How would that work?

> And about request attributes - that may be done for automatic
> failover / load
> balancing - I'm not so sure why is this done this way...
>
> So, may be, you want your objects to be serializable to run well
> in cluster.

Yes, try to make everything serializable is not always possible.
Just remember that the request object knows the environment which
might now the avalon ComponentManager which knows all configured
avalon components and so on. You really can't assure that all is
serializable.

Carsten