cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [c2] still having caching problems
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 06:06:42 GMT
> Donald Ball wrote:
>
> here's my sitemap:
>
>    <map:match pattern="*">
>     <map:aggregate element="root">
>      <map:part src="plain/meta"/>
>      <map:part src="plain/{1}"/>
>     </map:aggregate>
>     <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
>     <map:act type="resource-exists">
>      <parameter name="url" value="context://style/{1}.xsl"/>
>      <map:transform src="style/{../1}.xsl"/>
>     </map:act>
>     <map:select>
>      <map:when test="wap">
>       <map:transform src="style/wziml-wml.xsl"/>
>       <mal:serialize type="wap"/>
>      </map:when>
>      <map:otherwise>
>       <map:transform src="style/wziml-html.xsl"/>
>       <map:serialize type="html"/>
>      </map:otherwise>
>     </map:select>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="plain/*">
>     <map:generate src="content/{1}.xml" type="serverpages"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>
> if i edit wziml-html.xsl, the first change is noticed and applied, but any
> changes after that are not. the string 'wziml-html.xsl' does not appear in
> cocoon.log anywhere, so there's nothing useful there to report.
>
> personally, i consider this to be a show-stopper bug. no designer is going
> to want to work on a system that requires the sysadmin to continually
> restart tomcat to see changes.

You are absolutely right, this is a show stopper.
But in your example above, the whole pipeline for your pattern "*" is
not cached at all, as the aggregate component is not cacheable right
now (it declares cacheable, but returns "null" for the CacheValidity
object).
According to other reports, did you try to turn off the "use-store"
configuration of the TraxTransformer? There are some other reports,
that after turning this off, everything works fine.

If I am able to reproduce the problem (which I am currently unfortunately
not)
I will have a look at it.

Carsten