cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2]: Caching problems - solved?
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 13:48:40 GMT
> Jason Foster wrote:
>
> This might be a silly question, but I was poking through the JDK docs and
> noticed...
>
> Returns:
> the time the file specified by this object was last modified, or 0L if the
> specified file does not exist.
>
> I'm wondering if somewhere in the Pooling or caching code the File object
> that represents the stylesheet is being disposed of or set to
> null?  If it's
> a disposal issue then the difficulties we've been having tracking this bug
> down make some sense as the different platforms will each have different
> garbage collection timings, etc.

Thanks for the hint. Sometimes one is very blind...

No, it has nothing to do with garbage collection etc. The files all exists.
But the last modification date is got from the system id of the file. On
windows systems this is file:/c:... and on unix it is file:/usr/...
The TraxTransformer and some others remove file:/ from the path. This works
of course with windows but not with unix as usr/... is not a valid path.
I change this to removing only "file:" from the path. This should fix it.

Carsten