cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject [C2]: The SAXConnector problem
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 06:41:05 GMT
Hi,

looking through the latest CVS of C2 I found in the roles file:

 <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.SAXConnector"
       shorthand="sax-connector"

default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.CIncludeSAXConnecto
r"/>

As we agreed that we will remove the C/XInclude SAXConnectors this line
is a little bit dangerous.
The SAXConnector should be an optional role which is by default not
specified.
I know that this raises a NPE somewhere in Avalon but that is caught by the
calling
method. So there should be no problem with:

 <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.SAXConnector"
       shorthand="sax-connector"/>

Or did I oversee something? Is there any other way to specify an optional
role for Avalon?

Carsten