cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2]: Caching problems - solved?
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 06:54:47 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your results Rick. Attached are my results. As you
can see both responds are equal. There is no difference.

After comparing your cocoon.log with my cocoon.log I found
an interesting difference: The TraxTransformer is not able
to get the last modification date of your stylesheet (it is 0).
So the caching algorithm is not able to cache the whole
response for the welcome page but only the stage directly
after the generator.
On my system I the TraxTransformer gets the last modification
date of the stylesheet and the whole response is cached.
So my former assumption that it is not always possible to get
the last modification date seems to be correct. (So the over
the last weeks reported bug that changed stylesheets are not
handled correctly must be related to exactly this!).
Ok back to this problem now: I don't know why your last
modification date is 0. Has anyone an idea?
But anyway, the caching algorithm should work even in that
case. I have to take a closer look at your log for what
is happening with the cached response.

Jason, could you please check your cocoon.log for the
last modification date of the stylesheet. Is it also 0?

Carsten

PS: The same problem applies to the generation of the pdf.