cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject [C2 cvs] Undefined variable: param
Date Thu, 24 May 2001 14:02:52 GMT
I've just had a go with the latest CVS of C2 and although it seems to work
fine with my own set of cocoon based webapps, it doesn't appear to like
the supplied cocoon sitemap / context.

This is the latest CVS version downloaded today (24 May), and running on
both Tomcat 4.0b3 (release) and 4.0b5 (release).  The 4.0b3 release had
the work directory erased and the previous webapps/cocoon directory
removed before use, the 4.0b5 release was pristine.  The cocoon
compilation began with the 'clean' target.

An attempt to view the page:

	http://localhost:8080/cocoon

Results in the following error:

> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language
> Exception:org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error
> compiling sitemap_xmap:
> Line 0, column 0: /Users/stuart/Downloads/tomcat-
> new/work/localhost/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:460:
> Undefined variable: param
>     if (param != null) {
>         ^
> Line 0, column 0: /Users/stuart/Downloads/tomcat-
> new/work/localhost/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap.java:461:
> Undefined variable or class name: param
>       String compareToString = param.getParameter
> ("parameter-selector-test", null);

Looking at the source in question, the problem code is as follows:

>   private boolean parameterSelect (String pattern, Map objectModel) {
>     if (param != null) {  // Line 460
>       String compareToString = param.getParameter
> ("parameter-selector-test", null);
>       return compareToString != null && compareToString.equals (pattern);
>     }
>     return false;
>   }

( // Line 460 is my additional annotation :-) ! )

Stuart.