cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Homeijer <M.Homei...@devote.nl>
Subject RE: [C2] SOAP continued
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 07:07:06 GMT
Hi Ovidiu,

I plan to do the development as follows:
- Build a simple logic sheet that compiles a soap envelope into a Java soap
call to a server
- Call one of the services listed at xmethods with it.
- Replace the service with a local service. This will be a static page
served by cocoon and will only demonstrate what te whole mechanism.
If I have a sample I'll post it to the mailing list to get some feedback and
determine the next steps. For the next steps (creating a dynamic service
with Cocoon techniques like selectors, actions, sitemap) I still need some
feedback on the following:

> Based on my understanding from Cocoon 2, this is what I should develop for
> the SOAP server:
> - A selector that takes the request envelope and makes it possible to
select
> pipeline components based on the SOAP method specified in the request
> envelope.
> - An action that takes the request envelope and translates it into
something
> that can be used in an XSP page to produce output
> I am not sure if this means parsing the request envelope multiple time (at
> least once in a selector and at least once in an action) or how these
> components should be called or configured in the sitemap. If anyone with
> some more knowledge of C2 / sitemap could translate this part into sitemap
> conventions, i'd be gratefull. It would give me something to start with.

Regards,
Michael Homeijer