cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]: The SAXConnector problem
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 06:57:38 GMT
Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de>:

> Hi,
>
> looking through the latest CVS of C2 I found in the roles file:
>
>  <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.SAXConnector"
>        shorthand="sax-connector"
>
> default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.CIncludeSAXConnecto
> r"/>
>
> As we agreed that we will remove the C/XInclude SAXConnectors this line
> is a little bit dangerous.
> The SAXConnector should be an optional role which is by default not
> specified.
> I know that this raises a NPE somewhere in Avalon but that is caught by
> the
> calling
> method. So there should be no problem with:
>
>  <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.SAXConnector"
>        shorthand="sax-connector"/>
>
> Or did I oversee something? Is there any other way to specify an
> optional
> role for Avalon?

We changed it back to use the
default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.CIncludeSAXConnector"
because the NPE was thrown as an ERROR into the log and I don't liked it. I
suppose we get rid of all ERROR log entries for our samples before going beta
(see my mail about that). I mean at least our samples shoud work more or less
correctly before doing the beta. Do you agree?

Giacomo