cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]Results of [Vote]Sitemap configuration and parameter syntax
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 13:44:00 GMT
Quoting Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>:

> Giacomo Pati a écrit :
> >
> > Quoting Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>:
> >
> > > No new answer for more that one day, so here's what came out of the
> vote
> > > :
> >
> > Give me some time to decide :)
>
> Oh, sorry !! You've said to be "half-way conviced" so I thought you were
> waiting other's opinion. My mystake, I'm waiting ;-))

> > > written
> > >
> > > A number of +1, and a -0.5.
> >
> > And here is my -1 for parameters belonging to the map namespace. (IIRC
> there has
> > been another -1 for parameters belonging to the map namespace).
> >

> All -1 were for component configuration in the sitemap namespace. Berin
> gave -0.5 for map:parameter.
>
> BTW is a -1 a veto ?

I don't want to veto against the majority :) just stating my opinion about it as
strong as I can :)

Again:
   Parameters not in the map namespace (means leave it as it is today).
   Configuration not in the map namespace.

The convenience to specify values in the map namespace comes from the early
design decision and thus as the oldie here :) I'd like to give it a +0.5.

I'd like to clarify that I'm not the ruler here (but somtimes the advocatus
diaboli to see if old design decision still make sense ;)

Giacomo