cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Caching and non caching pipelines
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 10:25:54 GMT
Hi all

Lately I had the idea of controlling the cache capability in the sitemap and
want to know your oppinions about it.

Lets say we put the StreamPipeline and EventPipeline under the control of a
ComponentSelector in the cocoon.xconf like this:

   <stream-pipeline>
     <caching name="CachingPipeline"/>
     <non-caching name="NonCachingPipeline"/>
   </stream-pipeline>

   <event-pipeline>
     <caching name="CachingPipeline"/>
     <non-caching name="NonCachingPipeline"/>
   </event-pipeline>

In the sitemap we could choose which one to use by using the following:

   <map:pipeline chaching="on">
     <map:match ...>
   </map:pipeline>

and

   <map:pipeline caching="off">
     <map:match ...>
   </map:pipeline>

This means that resources produced from a pipeline with caching="on" uses the
caching pipeline components and the other not having caching on by default.

What do you think about this?

Giacomo