cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@dingle.myra.com>
Subject [C2] : Bug with TraxTransformer and URIResolver addition
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 02:50:40 GMT
Hi all,

I believe I've found a bit of a bug with the URIResolver addition
to the TraxTransfomer class.

If I have a stylesheet nesting of 3 or more levels, the resolve()
method in TraxTransformer is being passed a null "base" value. The
"href" value is correct. This in turn causes an NPE to be thrown.

This is from cocoon.log:

  java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.resolve(TraxTransformer.java:240)
    at org.apache.xalan.processor.ProcessorInclude.parse(ProcessorInclude.java:227)
    .
    :

I have the following stylesheets:

  a.xsl "xsl:includes" b.xsl "xsl:includes" c.xsl

I then get the NPE.  If I simply have two levels a.xsl and b.xsl,
everything works just fine.

I've been looking at this for a bit and I don't know yet whether this
is a xalan thing or a cocoon2 thing ... (it does happen with
xalan-2.0.1.jar as well as xalan-2.1.0.jar).

Since I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this, I thought
I'd toss it up to the list.

--
Rick Tessner	rick@myra.com
MYRA Systems Corp. Fone: (250) 381 1335 x125  Phax: (250) 381 1304

"Hmmm.  They have the Internet on computers now!"