cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] collapse ParanoidCocoonServlet into CocoonServlet itself?
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 12:27:38 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Berin,
> To enhance "Out of Box" Experience and reduce frustration for beginners, can we collapse
the two?
> I don't see any performance hit because of the changes (as parent class-loaders are always
queried
> first).

Actually that is the whole problem.  We need to reverse that approach for the
ParanoidCocoonServlet.  In reality, we want to load classes from the ClassLoader
we instantiate, and if (only if) it isn't found, we go to the parent classloader.

I understand what you are saying, but they really are two different animals.  If
we always load the classes in our own classloader, then we are subject to package
sealing violation exceptions.

I never have gotten around to writing the classloader that operates opposite to
the way Sun set them up.  Honestly, there are exceptions to that rule where you
don't want a ParentClassLoader to load first.