cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [C2]Results of [Vote]Sitemap configuration and parameter syntax
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 12:39:04 GMT

Giacomo Pati a écrit :

> Quoting Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>:
>
> > No new answer for more that one day, so here's what came out of the vote
> > :
>
> Give me some time to decide :)

Oh, sorry !! You've said to be "half-way conviced" so I thought you were
waiting other's opinion. My mystake, I'm waiting ;-))

> > > Should <parameter> belong to the sitemap namespace, and thus be
> > written
> > > <map:parameter> ?
> >
> > A number of +1, and a -0.5.
>
> And here is my -1 for parameters belonging to the map namespace. (IIRC there has
> been another -1 for parameters belonging to the map namespace).

All -1 were for component configuration in the sitemap namespace. Berin
gave -0.5 for map:parameter.

BTW is a -1 a veto ?

> > > - for configuration (the first 2 ones are already allowed) :
> > >   <use-store map:value="true"/>
> > >   <use-store>true</use-store>
> > >   <map:config name="use-store" value="true"/>
> > >   <map:config name="use-store">true</map:config>
> >
> > Third syntax has general preference, others were strongly voted against,
> > including first syntax which is currently allowed.
>
> My vote here is +1 for the 2. version and +.5 for the 1st one because of legacy.
>
> Giacomo

For the 1st, I like Carsten's opinion : don't allow duplicate notations,
users will get confused about it. And it's not much change in the
existing sitemaps.

--
Sylvain Wallez