cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [C2]Results of [Vote]Sitemap configuration and parameter syntax
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 09:41:12 GMT
No new answer for more that one day, so here's what came out of the vote
:

> Should <parameter> belong to the sitemap namespace, and thus be written
> <map:parameter> ?

A number of +1, and a -0.5.

> - for configuration (the first 2 ones are already allowed) :
>   <use-store map:value="true"/>
>   <use-store>true</use-store>
>   <map:config name="use-store" value="true"/>
>   <map:config name="use-store">true</map:config>

Third syntax has general preference, others were strongly voted against,
including first syntax which is currently allowed.

> - for parameters :
>   <use-connection map:value="personnel"/>
>   <use-connection>personnel</use-connection>
>   <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="personnel"/>
>   <map:parameter name="use-connection">personnel</map:parameter>

Only third syntax received agreement.

So, I'll make the following changes which will break the existing
sitemaps :
- removing the "map:value" attribute for configuration
- changing "parameter" to "map:parameter"
I will include detection of the old syntax and issue explicit error
messages to ease migration to the new one.

I'll post a message once it's done so that users are warned of the
syntax change.

Cheers
--
Sylvain Wallez