cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [C2]internal-only pipelines (Was Re: Questioning the SAXConnector concept)
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 09:32:09 GMT

giacomo a écrit :

> On Tue, 15 May 2001, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

> > Another related sitemap trick I recently discovered (or is it a known
> > feature ?) : a pipeline cannot be accessed from the browser if the
> > serializer is ommited (error 404 is sent back). So, there's no need for
> > a "internal-only" attribute on <pipeline> as was suggested recently.
>
> Take care. The <map:serializer/> element is used as a end marker for
> pipeline assemblage by the sitemap engine. You might well get weired
> result if you omit the serializer depending on the specification of your
> pipelines.
>
> Giacomo

If we can solve these issues in the sitemap engine, don't you think
omitting the serializer is a natural way of declaring a pipeline as
internal only ? If you don't want a pipeline to be visible from the
outside world, just don't give it an output...

Another idea : there could be a new "barrier serializer" that will
always produce an error. This way, pipelines will always be complete, so
this may be a better approach than the above one.

Thoughts ?
--
Sylvain Wallez