cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: TraxTransformer and LogicsheetCodeGenerator vs. sitemap parameter
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 07:53:08 GMT

Torsten Curdt a écrit :
> Ok, I just looked into the source code and found the
> reason why sitemap parameters can not be passed to logicsheets
> like this:
>   <map:generate type="serverpages" src="..">
>     <parameter name="to_logic_sheet" value="{1}"/>
>   </map:generate>
> I found out that the LogicsheetCodeGenerator gets a direct TransformerHandle
> and does not use the TraxTransformer. Is there a specific reason why the
> TraxTransformer isn't used instead? The TraxTransformer has all the needed
> methods to pass parameters from the sitemap to the logicsheet.
> All what needs to be done is to pass the parameters from the
> ServerPagesGenerator to the LogicsheetCodeGenerator and then to the
> TraxTransformer that creates the ServerPage.
> Does this make sense? I still cannot see the big picture of the cocoon
> architecture but in terms of straighten out everything this sounds
> reasonable to me...
> Comments?

I think you are mixing the 2 steps that are involved in XSP invocation :

- code generation and compilation : this is where logicsheets are
involved to generate code. This code should not depend on request
parameters, otherwhise XSPs will have to be regenerated and recompiled
for each request, which would be non-sense.

- execution (request-time) : logicsheets aren't involved here. Content
is generated by instances of the XSPs which can use request-time
parameters passed by the sitemap, using "parmeters.getParameter()" in
<xsp:logic> elements.

Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: