cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Cocoon Beta Tasks
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 15:16:15 GMT
I know Cocoon 2 isn't beta yet, and alot has happened
since we last discussed the remaining tasks.  Those
tasks were Aggregation and Caching along with Avalon
going Beta.

I think that we need to debug Caching/Aggregation
to get it predictable.  My question is this, what
are the tasks that remain for Cocoon to go Beta?

I know we are close, but just how close are we?  We
are pretty close to releasing a portion of our solution
to a customer, and we would like to avoid the sticky
subject of "Why are you using Alpha Software".  This
becomes an issue with customers who are used to many
commercial company's definitions of alpha (meaning I
wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole if I were you).

My experience with Apache in general (limited to the
web server, Tomcat, Cocoon and its jars, and Avalon)
is that it is _very_ well written.

BTW As soon as I get the server set up, I get to do
documentation in earnest.  This goes both for Avalon
Framework as well as Cocoon 2.  In the very near future
expect a tutorial style approach to web application
development with Cocoon 2 and practical guides for
Avalon.