cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [C2]: Questioning the SAXConnector concept
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 13:40:07 GMT

Berin Loritsch a écrit :

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> > > I know that this issue has discussed several times, but as
> > > far as I remember there was no consense right now on this topic.
> > > If you all say: NO, we want the SAXConnectors as they are right now,
> > > ok no problem and I will shut up with this and we can make the
> > > beta even faster....
> >
> > The problem with the normal Transformers are that they cannot
> > include Cocoon specific resources because they don't get access to
> > the sitemap object in charge. There are several ways to achieve that
> > but all of them will open up the sitemap object to *all* components.
>
> Giacomo, what about making a sitemap:// URLHandler for the URLFactory.
> It would assemble the pipeline for you.  That way we can use XInclude
> Transformer, and include sitemap resources.
>
> <xinclude:include href="sitemap://advertisement/ad-64.xml"/>
>
> That way, you can access the sitemap resources wherever you need to,
> BUT only one component is exposed (or made a friend of the sitemap
> in C++ parlance).

+1 : I'm currently using single-part aggregation to achieve a similar
effect and find it hacky. Also, is <resource> still useful with a
sitemap URL handler ?

Another related sitemap trick I recently discovered (or is it a known
feature ?) : a pipeline cannot be accessed from the browser if the
serializer is ommited (error 404 is sent back). So, there's no need for
a "internal-only" attribute on <pipeline> as was suggested recently.

--
Sylvain Wallez