cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]: Questioning the SAXConnector concept
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 12:34:16 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > I know that this issue has discussed several times, but as
> > far as I remember there was no consense right now on this topic.
> > If you all say: NO, we want the SAXConnectors as they are right now,
> > ok no problem and I will shut up with this and we can make the
> > beta even faster....
>
> The problem with the normal Transformers are that they cannot
> include Cocoon specific resources because they don't get access to
> the sitemap object in charge. There are several ways to achieve that
> but all of them will open up the sitemap object to *all* components.

Giacomo, what about making a sitemap:// URLHandler for the URLFactory.
It would assemble the pipeline for you.  That way we can use XInclude
Transformer, and include sitemap resources.

<xinclude:include href="sitemap://advertisement/ad-64.xml"/>

That way, you can access the sitemap resources wherever you need to,
BUT only one component is exposed (or made a friend of the sitemap
in C++ parlance).