cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2][Vote]Sitemap configuration and parameter syntax
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 12:29:54 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently suggested that the <parameter> element in sitemap pipelines
> should belong to the "map:" namespace for consistency. For the full
> (long) story and explanations, see
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=98957085817947&w=4
>
> As I stated, the sitemap will be the visible part of Cocoon for most
> users and thus consistency is important here (it's also important for
> automated sitemap processing, more on this soon...). Since no consensus
> has come out from the discussion, I'd like your opinions on this
> subject.
>
> First question :
> ----------------
> Should <parameter> belong to the sitemap namespace, and thus be written
> <map:parameter> ?

-0.5 on making the <parameter> belong to the "map" namespace.  It is there
to augment the sitemap, but it is not core to the sitemap.

> Second question :
> -----------------
> Which of the following semantically equivalent notations should be
> allowed in the sitemap ?
> - for configuration (the first 2 ones are already allowed) :
>   <use-store map:value="true"/>
>   <use-store>true</use-store>
>   <map:config name="use-store" value="true"/>
>   <map:config name="use-store">true</map:config>

Nothing with the "map" namespace in it.  In other words, just
the second version.

> - for parameters :
>   <use-connection map:value="personnel"/>
>   <use-connection>personnel</use-connection>
>   <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="personnel"/>
>   <map:parameter name="use-connection">personnel</map:parameter>

Parameters already have a syntax (which you didn't include here).
Basically number three without the "map" namespace.