cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [C2][Vote]Sitemap configuration and parameter syntax
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 09:55:50 GMT
Hi all,

I recently suggested that the <parameter> element in sitemap pipelines
should belong to the "map:" namespace for consistency. For the full
(long) story and explanations, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=98957085817947&w=4

As I stated, the sitemap will be the visible part of Cocoon for most
users and thus consistency is important here (it's also important for
automated sitemap processing, more on this soon...). Since no consensus
has come out from the discussion, I'd like your opinions on this
subject.

First question :
----------------
Should <parameter> belong to the sitemap namespace, and thus be written
<map:parameter> ?

Second question :
-----------------
Which of the following semantically equivalent notations should be
allowed in the sitemap ?
- for configuration (the first 2 ones are already allowed) :
  <use-store map:value="true"/>
  <use-store>true</use-store>
  <map:config name="use-store" value="true"/>
  <map:config name="use-store">true</map:config>

- for parameters :
  <use-connection map:value="personnel"/>
  <use-connection>personnel</use-connection>
  <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="personnel"/>
  <map:parameter name="use-connection">personnel</map:parameter>

Your votes, please ?

Here are mine :
For the first question, I'm +10.
For the second, I'm +0 (no particular preference), but +10 for
consistent config and parameter notations (e.g. allow <use-connection
map:value="personnel"/> if <use-store map:value="true"/> is allowed).

Thanks.
--
Sylvain Wallez